Session 2013: Texas Can Do Better
As I say so often, I deeply love Texas – I love its people, its culture, its natural beauty and its history.
I also think Texas can do better. The state can do a much better job being honest and transparent about the challenges and opportunities we face, and it can be smarter and more open about how we deal with them.
So I think next year’s session will be driven by one basic question: will those in control of the Capitol do better for the families, business owners and children of Texas?
- Will we strengthen public education by finding a permanent solution to funding our schools?
- Will we take action to reform state government and end the debt, diversions, deception and denial that have overwhelmed the state budget process for too long?
- Will we seize a historic opportunity to help our neighbors and families get the health coverage they need?
- Will we ensure that we’re respecting women, Hispanics and others who will play such a vital role in Texas’ future?
- Will we advance a middle-class vision for the Texas Economy that protects and supports those who are truly responsible for Texas’ economic might?
Between now and Memorial Day, the legislature will answers those questions and many more. And I’ll be writing much more about what we’re doing to make Texas better – and how things are going at the Capitol.
So stay tuned – and, please, stay involved.
© 2016 Kirk Watson Texas Senator All Rights Reserved
Political advertisement paid for by Kirk Watson Campaign,
P.O. Box 2004, Austin, TX, 78768; Rosie Mendoza,Treasurer.